Well, I obviously missed High Five for Friday last week, but it’s only Monday, so I don’t think it’s too late to celebrate the high points of the past week– plus a few days… just go with it 🙂
1. I voted last week! It made me feel like an adult. I can’t decide if I like that feeling or not. But after I voted I spent a relaxing day with my grandparents. I made strawberry fig preserves with my Grammy! I love going to their house when I have time to just chill out and be with them.
2. I made an A in my summer biology class! WOO HOO! I couldn’t help but be excited when I found out! Grady, here comes a new Public Relations major (hopefully)! Can’t wait!
3. I’ve had the opportunity to see and catch up with numerous friends here in Henry County and from GHP over the past week. I went to band camp Thursday night and got to see the marching band’s progress so far with their fundamentals and drill, and it was also wonderful to see all those who were underclassmen when I graduated as they’ve risen up and become leaders. It just goes to show that I may leave the marching band, but it’ll never really leave me. I’ll always be thankful for that experience, the friends it brought me to, and the things it taught me.
4. I’ve been doing a few little projects for room decorations, and today I conquered some DIY framing! The Nashville print’s frame is a cool little floating frame that I found on sale at Michael’s this weekend. I bought the two big frames and a whole 32 x 40 sheet of matte today at Hobby Lobby, and I cut the matte myself to frame my Opry posters. Not too shabby for DIY if I do say so myself! Can’t wait to put all this swag in my new room/our new place in Athens, which we’ll move into (continued in number 5)…
5. … IN LESS THAN A WEEK! Sweet! I think all of the details are falling into place (or will be soon), and pretty soon we’ll be moved in and ready to start a brand new year!