Wow, it’s been quite a while since I last posted. But today I finished my second year of college, and I think that’s reason enough to have a High Five for Friday post. Do you agree?
1. We had our last chapter of the semester on Monday, which was of course quite sad, but we had a chapter theme of “This summer I will be…” so I decided to have fun with it and dress up as a “hipster intern.” I love my sisters and I’ll miss them so much this summer, but several of them have already said they’re coming to visit. I’m going to hold them to that, so if any of you are reading this, don’t go backing out on me 🙂
2. I’M DONE. WITH SCHOOL. For now anyway. I had my last final exam this morning, and I am now officially halfway through with college. Time flies right?
3. Technically, I still have one “school” thing to do before I leave town, but it’s not really your traditional assignment. Intrigued? Yeah, you should be. My last school thing is to play a show– yes, a musical show– at the Melting Point for the MBUS MayDay Festival. Did you ever think I’d be playing music that I wrote on a real venue stage in the cool town of Athens, Georgia? ME NEITHER. But it is indeed happening on Sunday at 1:30 PM, and my name is on this cool-looking poster as proof.
4. Because of that whole music festival thing, my mom and my Aunt Michelle are coming to Athens tomorrow morning! Woohoo! Some more of my friends and family are coming to see me play on Sunday, but I get to spend all day tomorrow showing my little college town off to Mom and Aunt Mic.
5. I’m moving to Nashville in nine days. Wait, WHAT?! I’m moving to my dream city in NINE DAYS?!? Yes, yes indeed. The countdown is in single digits, and I couldn’t be more excited. A new friend started a blog specifically to chronicle his summer in Nashvegas, and he inspired me to start blogging here again, so I’m sure I’ll be posting on a regular basis. Why not, right? Music City, here I come!