Well, I obviously missed High Five for Friday last week, but it’s only Monday, so I don’t think it’s too late to celebrate the high points of the past week– plus a few days… just go with it 🙂
1. I voted last week! It made me feel like an adult. I can’t decide if I like that feeling or not. But after I voted I spent a relaxing day with my grandparents. I made strawberry fig preserves with my Grammy! I love going to their house when I have time to just chill out and be with them.
2. I made an A in my summer biology class! WOO HOO! I couldn’t help but be excited when I found out! Grady, here comes a new Public Relations major (hopefully)! Can’t wait!
3. I’ve had the opportunity to see and catch up with numerous friends here in Henry County and from GHP over the past week. I went to band camp Thursday night and got to see the marching band’s progress so far with their fundamentals and drill, and it was also wonderful to see all those who were underclassmen when I graduated as they’ve risen up and become leaders. It just goes to show that I may leave the marching band, but it’ll never really leave me. I’ll always be thankful for that experience, the friends it brought me to, and the things it taught me.
4. I’ve been doing a few little projects for room decorations, and today I conquered some DIY framing! The Nashville print’s frame is a cool little floating frame that I found on sale at Michael’s this weekend. I bought the two big frames and a whole 32 x 40 sheet of matte today at Hobby Lobby, and I cut the matte myself to frame my Opry posters. Not too shabby for DIY if I do say so myself! Can’t wait to put all this swag in my new room/our new place in Athens, which we’ll move into (continued in number 5)…
5. … IN LESS THAN A WEEK! Sweet! I think all of the details are falling into place (or will be soon), and pretty soon we’ll be moved in and ready to start a brand new year!
Glad I remembered to do this 35 minutes before Friday is technically over… oops!
1. Well, the wedding happened! And it was quite a wonderful weekend for all involved. I can’t even believe how blessed I am to have the family and friends that I have. Things may change, but I know they’ll always be there for me, and I’m aware now more than ever of just how much of a blessing they are to me. I wouldn’t be anywhere without my family, and I know some aren’t fortunate enough to be close to their extended family, and that makes me that much more grateful for the closeness in my own family. We’re all so excited to welcome Nick and his family into ours!
There are SO many pictures on my Facebook, but since I had to pick just one to put here, I think this one is appropriate 🙂
2. I’ve done so much musically this week. I’ve spent a lot of quality time with both my guitar and my piano, and I can’t even begin to say how much it helps. Sometimes life is just a little weird, and I had forgotten how sweet it is to get lost in music. It’s also nice to see myself improving… I can almost play barre chords with a decent sound on my guitar. Sweet!
3. I went shopping for some apartment things this week! I got some pillows, and some other random decorations for my room. Moving in with my roomies will make me feel like an adult… yeah that’s weird.
4. Yesterday I went to Starbucks and got a lot of biology work done. Productivity is always a plus. Makes me feel better about myself! That might warrant the #OCDProblems hashtag…
5. Tori and I went to Athens today! She had to take a math placement test, so I tagged along and we had some adventure time after her test. I’ve missed the Classic City, so it was good to be back for the day. I got to see several friends and I also got to go to my favorite place ever, none other than Two Story Coffeehouse! I don’t think coffee has ever tasted so good! I can’t wait to see our many more adventures once T. Riggs is in Athens next year!