All day long I’ve had no regard whatsoever for what day of the week it is, but when I stopped to think, I realized: IT’S FRIDAY. So here we go.
1. I’m home!!!!! Thanks to a last-minute decision to ride to Atlanta with an awesome friend from Nashville, I spent the 4th in McDonough, and I get the whole super long weekend with my family. That five-hour road trip and the conversation that accompanied it were a blessings in themselves, and I even got to see the mountains.And on the other end of that road trip was my family. And my dog.
I call that success in highest form.
2. If you’ve known me for any period of time, you know that I get this crazy thrill out of surprising people. I LOVE the looks on people’s faces when they’re TOTALLY not expecting something, and then it’s right in front of them. In this particular instance, I decided not to tell my grandparents or my great aunt that I was coming home for the holiday weekend, so when they arrived at our house for the 4th of July festivities, I ran and hid.
Even if the rest of this weekend was terrible (which I assure you, it hasn’t been and won’t be), their reactions made packing a bag at one AM and embarking on a four-hour trek the next day so worth it.
3. Nothing beats seeing my best friend at home. Seriously. I had a pizza date with Tori today, and I didn’t realize how very much I’d missed her until I was squealing and hugging her in front of Mellow Mushroom. I’m not even sorry for that commotion.
4. I have a family that showers me with love. And food.
5. I’ve decided that I’m going to save up and buy a mandolin. I’m developing an addiction to learning how to play new musical instruments. Just another one of the 1,507,396 reasons I’m in love with Nashville.