Well, it’s been a chaotic, but productive week! I definitely have several highlights 🙂
1. Sunday and Monday morning I had housing training for my job in the Myers office. Training itself was okay, but I was so happy to see familiar UGA faces again! Ben decided we should have matching temporary tattoos…
2. I moved into my new home away from home on Monday! I’ve been unpacking and getting settled in all week, and I think I’m almost done. We painted our living room, so that will all come together soon, too!
3. Cali ‘n’ Tito’s. Two Story. Your Pie. I’m so thankful for the food I can eat in Athens.
4. Speaking of food, the newly renovated O House opened yesterday, and I went twice. IT’S SO NICE. It might even be my favorite dining hall now. I of course saw several people that I know while I was there, and that made me indescribably happy. Last night at dinner, Carlota and I met a pretty cool guy named Sam who just got home from studying abroad in Spain. Since all three of us at the table knew Spanish, we spoke all in Spanish and it turned out to be a really fun dinner time. I love making new friends 🙂
5. So tonight there’s a Phi Slam (Christian, alcohol-free) party, and it’s IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD! I’m sure I’ll run into people I know there, and it’s definitely a plus that I can walk there instead of dealing with the hassle of driving. I’m quite excited– first fun outing of the year!