Oh my WORD I’ve been slacking on my H54F posts! I might have to have more than five things just to make up for it. Sheesh.
1. Last week I went to lunch with two different friends I haven’t seen in a while, Christina and Whitney. Christina learned about my not-so-wonderful directional skills, and Whitney and I got to catch up on some lost time.
2. I spent the day in Athens last Thursday taking care of some sorority business, and it was really a wonderful day. I had lunch with a sister, and it was great to kind of get to know her a little better! I of course hung out in Myers hall for a few hours with my MCO people. I also got in SO much reading time because I had a pretty fair amount of downtime in between several different appointments. I went home and had dinner at my Grammy’s house, and that wrapped up a perfect day in my life 🙂
3. Alex and Ellis joined me for a little bit when I Skyped Vica while she was in Russia. It was good catching up with all of them! I miss my best friend, but I can’t wait until next year when we’re together in Athens again!
4. It seems I am now the proud owner of an iPhone! It was my birthday present from my parents, and so far I love it!
5. I got to catch up with Codie and Charles on the phone this past week! Charles was his usual encouraging self, and I hung up feeling really motivated to do something awesome with my summer… and my life. Codie of course had interesting stories as well about his time in Texas. It was good to know I’ve still got my awesome friends even when they’re all over the world. But I won’t lie, I can’t wait until we’re all back in Athens instead of scattered all over the country and the planet 🙂
6. My birthday was AMAZING. Three of my best friends from GHP showed up at my house and completely surprised me. I literally had NO idea they were coming, and I’m sure my reaction was pretty hilarious. They took me to lunch and then we loafed around town. They never fail to make me laugh!
7. I went to the Lady Antebellum concert the night of my birthday and had an awesome time! I made some super awesome signs that I was proud of simply because they took me FOREVER to make, and then I got to the door of the concert and they wouldn’t let me take them in! 😦 So I’m posting pictures of them here so that they’ll live on in their glory, even if not for their original purpose. I went with my parents and Ellis came with me, and we partied it up the whole time. I left there so exhausted just from singing/screaming every word and dancing to every song. But it was definitely the best possible way I could’ve ended an epic birthday.
8. I’M AT THE BEACH. I’ve caught up on so much reading and sleeping and other things I never have time to do. The weather was rainy the first few days we were here, but it gave us some chill time to just relax for a change. So awesome.
9. I started a new blog. What? Why? Well, I love country music, and I love blogging, so I decided to combine the two and hopefully make something worth reading. It’s called Talk Twangy to Me, and I’ve got tons of cool ideas for it!